Such an easy way to add a little sparkle to your holiday table!
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
Crystallized decorative sugar
Fresh cranberries, sage, rosemary, bay leaves, etc
1. Over medium heat cook the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool in a flat glass container.
2. Dip the fresh fruit/ herbs first into the sugar water. Place on a dry rack for 1 hour.
3. Pour crystallized sugar in a flat glass container.
4. After 1 hour, dip the coated fresh fruit/herbs in the crystallized sugar. Do not shake off the excess sugar. Lay on dry rack for at least 2 hours.
5. This can be done up to 2 days in advance. Store in a cool, dry place.
© High Prairie Life 2017