Made with coconut cream, this fruit dip is a hit for any party!
Gluten & Dairy Free Fruit Dip
14oz can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp lemon juice (or orange juice)
2 tsp lemon zest (or orange zest)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: fresh fruit for dipping - strawberries, blackberries, apple slices, etc
Garnish with pomegranate seeds
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. Open the can. The coconut cream will have hardened at the top of the can and the liquid will be at the bottom. Use a spoon to scoop the hardened coconut cream off the top of the can. Put in a strainer to remove all of the liquid.
2. Add the cold coconut cream into a large bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat the coconut cream until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Add the powdered sugar, juice, zest, and vanilla. Mix until well blended (about 1 minute).
4. Spoon into a serving bowl and serve immediately with fresh fruit.
5. Store covered in the refrigerator. Once the dip becomes cold you may need to re-whip it before serving again.
© High Prairie Life 2017