A savory appetizer of Phyllo dough, smoked salmon, cream cheese and lemon juice!
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
Serves 8 - 12
8oz wild caught smoked salmon (thin sliced, red)
4 sheets of phyllo dough
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup full fat cottage cheese
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice + zest (strain in sieve)
2 Tbsp capers, drained
3/4 Tbsp fresh dill
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch spring-form pan.
2. Working quickly, brush the melted butter onto the phyllo sheets. Do not worry if the dough breaks. Layer the sheets in the spring-form pan, creating a pin wheel pattern with the corners of the sheets.
3. Place the cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth.
4. Hand fold in capers and dill.
5. Break the salmon into small pieces and line the bottom of the phyllo crust.
6. Pour the batter over the smoked salmon.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. The center of the cheesecake needs to be set before removing from the oven (not much of a wiggle to it). The top should be golden brown.
8. Carefully remove the side of the spring-form pan and set on a cooling rack.
9. Once the cheesecake is cool, set on a serving dish and garnish with fresh dill.
© High Prairie Life 2017