This recipe was printed in newspapers during World War II in hopes that ladies would make it to ship to our service men and women overseas. It is a timeless recipe that is still a household favorite.
Service Man Fudge
Makes about 50 squares
4 cups granulated sugar
1 can evaporated milk
3 Tbsp butter
32oz Hershey chocolate bars
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
8oz jar of marshmallow cream
1. In a saucepan, add the sugar, milk and butter together over medium low heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes stirring the whole time.
2. In a large bowl break up the Hershey chocolate bars into medium sized pieces. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallow cream and set aside.
3. Pour the hot syrup mixture into the large bowl and keep stirring everything together until the shine is gone.
4. Butter an extra large cookie sheet and pour the mixture into the pan. Spread it out evenly and set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares or diamond.
5. Note: no candy thermometer is needed.
© High Prairie Life 2017