Flavorful chocolate balls of cherries, shredded coconut and pecans! This is a great recipe for children to help make!
Martha Washington Candies
Yields 5 dozen
2 sticks butter, melted
1 lb powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
14oz package shredded coconut, sweetened
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
10oz maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
3 cups finely chopped pecans
16oz dark chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate discs
1. After chopping cherries, place on a paper towel so the liquid can be absorbed. Blot dry with additional paper towels.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate discs, in a large bowl.
3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The colder the filling is the faster the chocolate will set up when you dip them. Or you can make the filling the day before and dip them in chocolate the next day.
4. Form the mixture into balls about the size of walnuts.
5. Refrigerate the balls for at least 20 minutes.
6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
8. Dip the balls into chocolate, tap off the excess, and place on lined baking sheet (or place in small muffin tin liners) to set up.
9. Store in an air tight container.
© High Prairie Life 2017